|Model:||4 string||5 string||6 string||7 string|
|Headless A or B travel bass:||$3000||$3400||NA||NA|
|Veneered flattop with headstock:||$3500||$3700||$4100||$4500|
|Headless carved C, D, or E bass:||$4500||$4900||$5300||NA|
|Carved top with headstock and tapered neck stringers:||$4900||$5300||$5700||$6100|
|Arch-top, semi-hollow with tapered neck laminations and headstock:||$6000||$6500||$7000||$7500|
If you plan to order and need a comprehensive estimate on a bass project, please go to the main custom options page. I will then send you an estimate and a time frame for finishing your bass project. Your estimate is firm unless you change your order (an amended estimate will be sent to you.) In some rare cases I won't know the full cost due to the complexity of the project or for procurement of special wood. You will then be given an expected range which will be narrowed as the project nears completion.
A $1200 down payment is necessary to start construction. Do not send a deposit until you have received confirmation and an estimate. A second payment bringing the balance to 2/3rds of the estimated cost of your bass will be billed after a month or so, as construction progresses. The remainder is due before the bass will be shipped. A cancelled order forfeits the deposit and any additional amount paid, you may ask for wood or parts purchased specifically for your instrument.
Please call or write me if you have any further questions. Note that some materials and options may not be available at the time of your order, I will make substitutions with your approval. I generally complete orders within 8 to 24 months of when I receive them. Keep in mind however that each bass requires one hundred or more hours of intensive hand labor by just one person and unforeseeable circumstances may cause delays.
All basses are warranted for 5 years (or longer at my discretion) against defects in materials or workmanship. All repairs must be made by me or by a mutually agreed upon repair person in your area. The warrantee does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse or abuse as defined by me. Any modifications performed by others may void the warrantee. All warrantee claims must be made as soon as a problem is detected, failure to do so may result in further damage which may incur a charge. For non-warrantee repairs and any modifications, I can provide speedy service at a reasonable cost.
I make every effort to please each customer. If you are dissatisfied with your new bass I will come up with a mutually agreeable solution with can include modifications to the instrument or a refund pending on the sale of the instrument to someone else. You are assuming all financial risk in ordering a custom instrument and I can't be held liable for your decisions or things beyond my control.
Features common to all my instruments:
- Neck-through, glue-in or bolt-on, 3 or 5 piece laminated wood neck.
- Hand machined headless hardware of solid brass or aircraft grade aluminum.
- Large collection of aged, figured woods to choose from for bodies, necks and fingerboards.
- Wide selection of neck and fingerboard wood.
- Choice of string spacing, scale length and neck dimensions.
- Adjustable titanium or stainless truss-rod and carbon fiber spars.
- Choice of body shape and neck profile.
- Compound radius fingerboards for lowest possible action.
- Choice of pickups and active electronics.
- Locking Neutrik output jack
- Hand rubbed finish.
- All instruments are set up to the customer's specifications and are designed and constructed to last a lifetime.
Some of the many custom options currently available.
- Custom body design. $1000
- Headstock added to a headless design. $250
- 36" scale length. $150
- Epoxy coated fretless fingerboard. $350
- Acrylicized wood fingerboard. $200
- Curly maple or wenge neck. $250
- Veneer "drop-top" on traditional bolt-on bass bodies. $350
- Book-matched top to cover the neck laminations on neck-through instruments. $450
- Core drilling to lighten body wings. $350
- Mother of pearl or abalone face dots. $100
- Mother of pearl or abalone edge-markers. $100
- Black anodized coating of aluminum hardware. $80
- Nickel or black zinc plating of solid brass hardware. $120
- Matching wood pickup covers. $300
- Matching wood knobs. $20 ea
- Catalyzed polyurethane clear gloss finish. $750
- LED position markers on edge of fingerboard. $750
- Wittman onboard electronic tuner. $200
- Per-string price for RMC piezo "Bass Excellence" saddle pickups with buffer. $105
- RMC 13 pin Midi output (Poly-Drive I) $450
- Graphtech Ghost piezo bridge pickup saddles per-string. $75
- Glenn Cronkhite custom guitar gig-bag. $285
- Maxline custom fitted road case. $375
- On-board, Reichenbacher low impedance, balanced output transformer and XLR jack for "Direct Inject". $200
- Overnight delivery. $85, -inside hard case; $140
- Standard FedEx Ground delivery $40, -inside hard case $65